Current score is 3 from 1 voteRate this tool:
What is PowerPoint?
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular presentation program that is widely used in education and business. It is an intuitive program to use and professional looking presentations can be created in a relatively short time.
Presentations consist of a series of slides on which text, images and videos can be added and are usually projected onto a whiteboard allowing the audience a clear view as the presenter delivers their presentation.
Benefits of using PowerPoint:
- An easy way to organise ideas and information
- Visual cues in presentation slides can help you when delivering your presentation
- Ensures content is covered without forgetting anything
- Makes presentation more interesting and can help improve the audience’s focus
PowerPoint tools and features:
- Select from a range of templates and built in design themes
- Select your own colours and fonts
- Insert images, clipart, shapes, charts, tables, videos, hyperlinks and audio
- Add animation effects to text, images and other objects in your presentation
- Add transitions to your slides
- Add presenter notes to each slide. They can then be printed and referred to when delivering the presentation
- Rehearse the timings of your presentation
- Record timings and narrations
- Select different views of your presentation (e.g. normal, slide sorter, reading view and slide show)
- Select from a range of print options (e.g. full page slide, notes pages and handouts)
- Save your presentation as as a movie. The file will be saved in WMV format, which is capable of playback on Windows Media Player and can be uploaded to most video sites