Current score is 3 from 1 voteRate this tool:
What are Google Docs?
Google Docs is a free to use web based application that is similar to Microsoft Word. It has many of the formatting tools that are available in MS Word, and there are also a range of free add-ons that you can select from at the click of a button.
Benefits of using Google Docs
- No installation needed
- Docs can be accessed from any device using any browser and syncs across devices
- Collaboration – work with colleagues or team members to edit a doc together in real time
- Removes version control problems – current version is available in one place to all who have access
Google Docs tools and features
- Voice typing – speech to text dictation
- Create, edit and format text documents in your browser
- Import Microsoft Word documents which will be converted to docs
- Choose from a range templates
- Insert images, charts, tables and hyperlinks
- Add comments – tag someone in a comment
- Access to all previous versions of the doc
- Download docs in a number of formats (including MS Word and PDF)
- Offline mode
- Google docs get started guide
- Google Docs is available in the Marjon G-Suite, if you are interested in using Google Docs (or any other Google app) and do not currently have a Marjon Google account then please get in contact with the MeLT team: firstname.lastname@example.org who will set up an account for you.
Google docs – tutorial